Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MKAL

Lots of Mystery Knit-a-Longs are happening on Ravelry this month.  One that I participated in was from the Beginner's Knit-Along Group.  We worked on a dishcloth, and received a new clue every couple of days.  The first person to guess the image on the dishcloth, won six lovely stitchmarkers from QTWIQ. *

*As an aside, I actually won a set of these stitchmarkers in another contest on Ravelry,
you can see a picture of the ones I chose at the end of this post.

(If you are a knitter or crocheter you might QTWIQ's site interesting.  It is an ongoing calendar of "Alongs" on Ravelry.)

After finishing clue #4 on the dishcloth,  my work looked like this:




Would you believe someone guessed it at this point!

In fact, it was the first guess of the knit-a-long.

The image is a dolphin, which is a free pattern by Kelly Daniels of the One Crafty Mama blog.

The finished project looked like this:
Can you see the dolphin?


As promised earlier, here is a photo of the stitch markers I won in an earlier contest:


Aren't they cute!

Happy Crafting ♥




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on the site. I've participated in many CALs on rav but I still haven't been able to learn to knit so I don't see any KALs in my future. Love the dish cloth.

    ReplyDelete