Monday, July 9, 2012

Sewing Tip Monday - Design Space

I've wanted a design wall for awhile.  Up until now, I've had to use the guest bed to spread out  quilts in progress.  The walls in my sewing room are covered with paintings, bulletin boards, cross stitch, Hawaiian quilt blocks etc.  You can see in this picture that my clock is actually hung on top of this year's calendar.

However, the back of the door was free.  So I taped up a piece of batting, and a design wall was born.  It is a bit narrow, but perfect for my block of the month project.  

Six blocks of the month

Necessity is the mother of invention.
Make use of what you have. 
Where there's a will, there's a way.  
And so on....

If you have a sewing tip that you would like to share, please link your blog or website post below.  I would love to see them.

Happy Sewing ♥


2 comments:

  1. Your door works perfect!
    I think I have every square inch of wall space used up too! Even both sides of my door hold flip flops waiting to be made into albums!

    ReplyDelete